Our Approach to School Readiness for ALL children
School readiness is foundational across early childhood systems and programs. It means children are ready for school, families are ready to support their children’s learning, and schools are ready for children. Trinity views school readiness as children possessing the skills, knowledge, and attitudes necessary for success in school and for later learning and life. Physical, cognitive, social, and emotional development are all essential ingredients of school readiness.
What is School Readiness?
- Giving all children access to the opportunities that promote school success
- Recognizing and supporting children’s individual differences and needs
- Establishing reasonable and appropriate expectations for children to thrive
- Providing positive foundations for children to reach their full potential
What does School Readiness looks like?
- Children focused on activities
- Children interacting with each other, in a classroom setting
- Children having fun and expressing themselves
- Children listening and exploring
"The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth."
— John F. Kennedy